Why Creating A Powerful Brand Identity Is Important For Any Business?Posted on: May 14, 2021 9:56 am
Like an individual whose personal identity makes him unique, similarly, a brand identity is vital for any business that sets it apart from competitors. And brand identity design is something that reflects the identity of any business at its best. Therefore, if you are running a company, no matter big or small, brand identity is something that you cannot overlook.
Before we discuss how to shape a strong brand identity to take your business to the next level, let’s first determine what brand identity is and what it has to do with the design. Also, we will discuss the role of a brand design agency and the different ways they use to help any business develop its unique yet positive identity!
What Is A Brand Identity?
It is an outward expression of a brand that comprises different elements such as name, trademark, communications, and visual appearance. These elements together represent the right image to its customers. Brand identity is different from “branding” and “brand image.” Branding refers to the marketing practice that lets you actively shape a brand, and brand is the company’s insight in the eyes of the world. It is a way to communicate with the world and differentiate your company/business from your competition. You have to create a brand experience that inspires your audience to engage with you. They will associate your brand identity, your products, or services. This will help you build customer loyalty.
What All Is Included In A Brand Identity?
Many business owners think that a nicely designed logo and a website can help them make a brand identity. But this isn’t true! When designing an identity, you need to develop a comprehensive visual language that applies to everything from your business website to your product packaging. Your branding needs may be expansive and vary based on your brand, but a basic brand identity consists of:
- Data visualization
- Design System
- Interactive elements
- Video and motion
- Web design
Remember one thing that your brand identity should translate across channels, so make sure you include everything you think it must have.
How to Build a Brand Identity?
If your brand is new or you are planning to rebrand, but you are unsure where to start, below are some steps to follow. These steps can help you build a strong brand identity seamlessly.
Step 1: Complete Your Brand Strategy
Step 2: Dig Into Your Existing Brand Identity
Step 3: Know Your Identity
Step 4: Recognise Your Competition
Step 5: Pen Down Your Creative Brief
Step 6: Brainstorm Your Visuals
Step 7: Design Your Elements
Step 8: Build Your Brand Style Guide
Why Is Brand Identity Important?
There are several reasons why one should focus on creating a good brand identity. Some of these reasons are:
- Personality: A brand identity is the visual illustration of your brand’s principles and “personality.” You can set the tone of your brand with identity design which can be used to induce certain emotions into your audience. You should design your brand identity in such a way that it communicates your overall business message and promotes your business goals.
- Uniformity: When you build a brand identity, you will create a consistent message across all marketing resources. Each piece should have a similar basic style and design features, creating a unified branding suite.
- Differentiation: A brand identity lets you differentiate your business from the competition and properly position your brand. Developing a professional, creative identity design can help you outshine your potential customers in your marketplace.
- Cognizance: Creating a brand identity package guarantees that your brand is at the front position of all your marketing materials. This will help you increase your brand awareness. The more places your brand is featured, the higher the chances it will make contact with consumers. This will make it more memorable.
- Reliability: A compelling brand identity can help you build customer allegiance and faith in a brand since it lets customers connect to a product and the company.
What Should You Do To Build A Strong Brand Identity?
Know who you are! Yes, it is most important that you must know who you are as a brand which is made up of a few important things such as:
- Your mission – what’s your and “why.”
- Your values – what opinions drive your company?
- Your brand identity – if you consider your brand as a person, then what kind of personality would they have?
- Your unique positioning – how are you different from your competition?
- Your brand voice- if your brand is a person, how would it communicate?
These are a few elements that define your brand. Before you start building your brand identity, you must clearly understand each of the above-mentioned elements.
If you find it challenging to figure out who exactly you are, don’t sweat it. Brainstorm to help you get clarity on who you are as a brand. You need to ask a few questions to yourself:
- Why did you start this business?
- What beliefs and values are important to you as a company?
- What should you do to be better than anyone else?
- What makes you different?
- If you could describe your brand in three words, what would they be?
- What are the three words you would want your customers to use to describe your business?
Once you understand the significance of brand identity and get the answers to the above questions, you are ready to develop your business identity. You can also take professional help by hiring a brand design agency like Kaizen Brand.