Importance of PowerPoint Pitch Deck For StartupsPosted on: June 3, 2021 12:41 pm
Establishing a startup business is just like turning dreams into reality. Many entrepreneurs have a business idea in their minds. Some of them are pretty sure about its success, but they cannot dare to turn them into reality due to lack of funds. Apart from having money, you have to be determined for your dreams. And once it works out in your favor, your startup will flourish, creating an excellent brand image.
If you can’t support your startup financially, raising funds from investors is another way to keep your new business up and running. Though it is a time-consuming and challenging task, but it is crucial for every startup that is actively looking to establish value through a pitch deck. It is the best way to articulate an interesting and compelling story. Before discussing the significance of the PowerPoint pitch deck for startups, let’s know more about it.
What Is A Pitch Deck?
It is a 10-20 slide presentation designed to give a brief about your startup, its plan, and its vision. A pitch deck doesn’t serve a single purpose. It serves different purposes varying from trying to impress a new investor to telling an audience about your startup on a stage and others. Though creating a pitch deck and its structure could vary, the intention will be the same: introducing or making the people aware of the company, no matter whether they are the investors or normal audience.
You have to make sure that your pitch deck should be more visual and contain a little text. Considering graphics and images is important as they are easily remembered. Your viewers can easily see it from far and can relate the things with the image while telling and informing them about what you have presented in the slide. Even if you have to email your pitch presentation to your clients, make sure it is self-explanatory. If you really wish to see a positive response to your startup pitch presentation, you can also take professional help. Many printing and designing companies offer pitch deck design and development services. They help develop a great pitch while ensuring it has all the ingredients to help you get to follow-up emails from investors and clients.
What Are Important Ingredients Of A Perfect PowerPoint Pitch Deck Presentation?
We have shared some important elements that should be there in a successful pitch presentation. The elements we have mentioned are suggested by authors, venture capitalists, startup founders, and evangelists. These include:
- Market Size
- Business Model
- Underlying Magic
- Marketing Plan
- Traction / Milestone
Experts believe that producing a compelling pitch deck requires special skills other than slideshow skills. You must know how to create great designs, aesthetically pleasing slides, accurate market estimations, and overall market dynamics. All these are good enough to start creating a pitch deck if you are doing it by yourself.
Given below are some critical elements of a great pitch deck. If you choose a professional to create your startup presentation pitch, they will ensure that all these elements are there in a pitch deck to make it worthwhile.
- High-Intensity summary slide: You can create one or two slides for this. These will be opening preliminary slides that highlight your startup business. These slides seize the quintessence of your business story. You must include those points that you would want to communicate to the audience.
- Mention The Problem You Will Be Solving: You need one or two obligatory slides conveying the nature of the market along with the opportunity you address with your business, its products, or services. All you need to do is highlight what is missing or not working. If possible, make sure these slides include information that clarifies that buyers are spending real dollars on imperfect products. Most of these products do not adequately address their needs.
- How Your Product/Service Can Help: After duly demarcating the problems faced by your target audience, the following slides should be about you and your business. First and foremost, describe how your products or services can provide a solution for the unmet market demands. You have already described in the preceding slides. This slide should highlight how your products or services are different. Make sure these slides leave no holes in your story. In short, there should be no questions that remain unanswered.
- Marketing/strategies: By this time, your audience will be impressed with your product and business model, proactively enunciating a go-to-market strategy. The reach of these slides will more or less depend on your development stage. However, it should clearly exhibit your thoughts about how to roll out your startup business and how to capture market share.
- Financials/projections: When you are a startup, the number in your projections typically doesn’t matter in the early stages. However, assembling a set of thoughtful predictions on both the revenue and cost sides significantly augments your authority with potential investors. While your audience may feel projections are impulsive in assessing the business. Your audience will appreciate that you understand financial metrics and how to maneuver a successful business.
Always keep in mind, when pulling together your pitch deck presentation, you must consider the tone you want to express. Be inventive. It will help if you avoid dry and boring presentations. You must show some personality as it will help you have a winning combination. If you think creating a pitch deck is not your cup of tea, you must hire a professional agency.