Kaizen seeks a highly skilled web developer to help grow its business across the island of Ireland by delivering websites that exceed expectations. Engaging with customers to add value to their projects and deliver their vision.
Your work will be critical in delivering our services alongside the Design Director to achieve clients goals. Acting as lead developer on a number of projects including web design and build (front-end, back-end). You will support the Managing Director with technical knowledge at client pitches to win new business. Leading the developing members of the team in best practise to foster a focused work ethic to deliver results. As part of your role, you will also be required to provide clear milestones for project delivery and to raise potential issues or concerns with team leaders along the way and source solutions.
We are a creative design agency in Belfast specialising in brand identity, graphic design and web design. Our unique approach delivers deep meaningful change across our clients’ businesses. Working across the island of Ireland for prestigious clients such as Boojum, Charles Hurst, Limelight, Punchestown Racecourse, to name but a few.
Brands come to us when they want results. Global giant, or start up, we are passionate about comprehensive brand design and strategic thinking, achieving engaging communication through print, online, new technology and new mediums. We are a smorgasbord of passionate creatives, dedicated in delivering imaginative, beautiful work. Together we are creative changemakers.
You will be working amongst 12 creatives, who work across the disciplines of brand, motion, animation, graphic design. Supported by a client services team as well as a management team including company directors.
This vacancy will require you to have advanced technical skills. You’ll need to be highly detailed with the ability to meet tight deadlines. Being proactive in working on a range of different projects at any one time. You’ll be a key member of the team collaborating very closely with the business founders. You’ll have a stellar portfolio to support your technical knowledge and the ability to utilise these skills to deliver client projects in an innovative and professional manner.
– 2+ years experience
– Ability to meet deadlines
– Strong knowledge of WordPress + WordPress theme development
– CSS frameworks such as bootstrap
– Demonstration of HTML/CSS/JS – HTML5 modern web standard skills
– Familiarity with LAMP stack set-up and maintenance
– Experience/Evidence of version control systems i.e.Github or Bitbucket
– Ability to exactly create the end product from visual designs from creative team
– E-commerce Site Development Experience including Woocommerce and Shopify
– Cross browser compatibility and workarounds
– Ability to interpret confidently with the team
The main responsibilities for this role are:
– Develop best practice websites: primarily within the WordPress framework
– Efficient ability to trace and fix bugs, enhance performance and implement feature requests in a timely manner
– Communicate effectively and work well with the wider team including mentorship
– High quality of work to ensure pixel perfect delivery across a range of devices
– Eagerness to shape the direction of our future services and working practices
– Managing your own time and dealing with the pressures of tight deadlines.
Commensurate with experience
Access to company pool car
Professional, organised and innovation lead work environment.
Please submit your CV and provide an outline of how you feel you meet the criteria to firstname.lastname@example.org before 5pm on Friday 29 January 2021. As we are an Equal opportunities employer please also include your monitoring form as part of your application, available on our website, check out the careers page.
Job Type: Permanent Full-time (Remote during COVID)